OPERATING AND STORAGE CONDITIONS
To maintain high quality of your instrument and its tonal capabilities observe the following operating and storage conditions.
- When transporting or storing the instrument, a gig bag or a hardshell case should be used in order to prevent damage caused by mechanical shock or temperature change.
- A guitar is a delicate instrument. Take good care of your instrument and use it according to the goal it was built for.
- Protect your instrument from low and high temperature, and also from humidity.
- Do not expose the instrument to direct sunlight for long periods of time.
- Do not leave your instrument close to heating devices, nor in a car on a hot day as well as in cold, humid areas (e.g. garage, cellar).
- Avoid sudden changes of temperature or humidity. In winter, after bringing a chilled instrument into a heated room, leave it for a few hours in its case, until it has returned to room temperature.
MAYONES warrants solely to the original purchaser of this MAYONES musical instrument that the instrument purchased shall be free from defects in materials and craftsmanship under normal use for as long as the instrument is owned by the original purchaser, and until the ownership of the instrument is transferred to another. This Limited Warranty does not apply to:
- Wear and tear to or breakage of frets, strings, nuts, saddle, batteries, or other damage or deterioration due to normal wear and tear of the instrument or its parts, or to normal wear and tear or breakage of any part of an instrument, including but not limited to controls, switches, jacks, plated surfaces, tuning devices, pickguards or finish, or to any instrument case, gig bag, gig bag handles, zippers, latches, case hardware, or finish;
- Asserted defects or damage caused by modification, misuse, neglect, abuse, accidents, acts of nature, or improper maintenance of the instrument or its parts (MAYONES reserves the exclusive right to make such determination of misuse, modification, or neglect based on inspection by MAYONES or an authorized Dealer or Distributor);
- Asserted defects involving subjective personal likes or judgments, including subjective opinions regarding tonal characteristics of the instrument or grain characteristics or colours of woods;
- Asserted defects or damage to an instrument such as cracks, splitting, or warping of wood or damage to the instrument’s finish caused by accident or exposure to changes in or extreme instances of temperature or humidity, exposure to sunlight, moisture, body salts or acids, guitar straps, or guitar stands or hangers which cause harm to the instrument;
- Defects asserted by any purchaser who did not purchase the instrument from an authorized MAYONES dealer all over the world;
- Electrical components not manufactured by MAYONES;
- Setups, adjustments, or any routine maintenance,
- Any instrument whose serial number and/or brand logo is missing, altered, or tampered with in any fashion, or to asserted defects or damage to an instrument which has had work performed on it by or has been otherwise repaired or modified by a technician or repair person other than a MAYONES technician at an authorized MAYONES Dealer or Distributor or in headquarter of Mayones Guitars & Basses.
LIMITATIONS OF OBLIGATIONS
THE OBLIGATIONS OF MAYONES HEREUNDER ARE LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF PARTS OF THE INSTRUMENT FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL MAYONES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TIME, WAGES OR LOST PROFITS, OF ANY NATURE OR KIND OR FOR DAMAGES TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY. MAYONES reserves the right to modify, refine, or improve its instruments and pickup systems, including making mechanical and electrical refinements, without incurring any responsibility to modify or exchange any products purchased prior to such modifications.
The Limited Warranty set forth herein constitutes the entire warranty and representation of MAYONES with regard to the MAYONES products identified in the preceding paragraph. This Limited Warranty shall be controlling over any conflicting terms and conditions of any purchase orders, contracts or invoices which may be executed in connection with the purchase of any MAYONES musical instrument or related product. NO representation or warranty made by any MAYONES salesperson, distributor, dealer, agent, representative or employee shall be binding upon MAYONES other than as set forth herein.
In the event of malfunction of your Mayones instrument, you should notify your nearest Authorized Mayones Dealer/Distributor or Mayones Service Center. The Dealer or Owner must ship the instrument, freight and insurance pre-paid, to the nearest Authorized Mayones Service Center together with:
- Evidence confirming the original purchase by purchaser (such as a copy of the sales invoice or receipt);
- A brief description of the nature of the asserted defect;
- The name, address and phone number of the original purchaser to whom the instrument is to be returned.
The list of Mayones Authorized Distributors and Dealers can be found at Mayones website (www.mayones.com). If there is no Authorized Mayones Service Center near you, contact or have your dealer contact Mayones for information and an authorization to return the instrument to Mayones.
NO INSTRUMENT MAY BE RETURNED TO MAYONES WITHOUT SUCH PRIOR RETURN AUTHORIZATION.
If the asserted defect is not covered by or is excluded from this Limited Warranty, or non-warranty work is required/recommended by Mayones, a quotation will be issued and must be approved by you before any non-warranty work is commenced. You should consider quotations obtained for non-warranty work immediately and advise the Authorized Mayones Service Center or Mayones of your wishes. You are not required to purchase non-warranty work in order to obtain service on materials covered by this warranty. Following its inspection of an instrument upon its arrival, Mayones or the Authorized Mayones Service Center will advise you or your dealer of the approximate date of completion. The repaired instrument or part will be returned to you or your dealer, freight collect insured.